We are working in partnership with Hampshire County Council, recommended by the NGA, to accredit clerks to governors. Clerks are supported in producing a portfolio of their work, collected over the course of a year, which shows their expertise as a clerk.
There are two accreditation options to meet the needs of individual candidates or participating organizations.
- Option 1: £490 – an award leading to accreditation or accreditation with merit and certified by ISCG- Information for School and College Governors – a nationally recognised award.
- Option 2: £600 - a level three award or certificate in ‘Clerk to Governance Bodies’, certified by Qualifi – a nationally recognised award. See website for more details
What areas of the clerk role does the programme cover?
The standards are built around the key elements of the clerk’s role including the potential additional responsibilities in Academy settings as follows: -
- Legal knowledge (relating to key legislation and ability to find information)
- Educational awareness
- Advice – supporting, advising and enhancing the work of the governors
- Communication and Relationships
- Challenge and Intervention
- Performance and professional development
- Supporting the company secretary (This is an optional competence for those supporting the administrative function of Academy Trusts)