Who we are
Derby and Derbyshire Governance Partnership (see DGP.org.uk) is part of the Derby Teaching School Alliance (see DTSA.org.uk) a large multiple Teaching School and a not for profit charity working with over 100 schools in and around Derby. DGP provides impartial support to school and academy governors and clerks across all school phases. We work closely with The National Governors Association (NGA).
We believe that Governors need to be:
- committed to school improvement
- committed to their own training to bring about strong governance in their own schools
To help you achieve this DGP:
- Works collaboratively in a very focused way with all partners to secure outstanding school governance, strong leadership and excellent learning opportunities for all.
- Helps you to develop the capacity of governors and clerks to be reflective practitioners, with time to encourage and support colleagues in their own and other schools.
- Encourages governors to take collective responsibility for leading, co-ordinating and delivering sustainable support and improvement to school governance in an inclusive and non hierarchical approach where all schools can play a part.
- Helps to build capacity through collaboration, peer – to – peer support and joint working beyond our own schools to share and develop common solutions.
- Shapes thinking, policy and practice to have a positive impact on the lives and life chances of children and young people with measurable outcomes.