Who we are
Derby and Derbyshire Governance Partnership is an independent broad and inclusive partnership of school and academy governors and clerks across all school phases. We are part of a not for profit Charitable Trust and work closely with The National Governors Association (NGA).
We believe that Governors need to be:
- committed to school improvement
- committed to their own training to bring about strong governance in their own schools
To help you achieve this DGP:
- Works collaboratively in a very focused way with all partners to secure outstanding school governance, strong leadership and excellent learning opportunities for all.
- Helps you to develop the capacity of governors and clerks to be reflective practitioners, with time to encourage and support colleagues in their own and other schools.
- Encourages governors to take collective responsibility for leading, co-ordinating and delivering sustainable support and improvement to school governance in an inclusive and non hierarchical approach where all schools can play a part.
- Helps to build capacity through collaboration, peer – to – peer support and joint working beyond our own schools to share and develop common solutions.
- Shapes thinking, policy and practice to have a positive impact on the lives and life chances of children and young people with measurable outcomes.