Derby and Derbyshire Governance Partnership is a broad and inclusive local partnership of school governors and clerks to governing bodies from all school phases working closely with the National Governors Association.
We are part of a not for profit Charitable Trust.
We aim to build encouragement and support through focused and effective collaborative practice between governors and clerks that improves school governance and learning outcomes for all.
We will achieve this through fostering motivation and engagement of all in continuous improvement of school governance to achieve the very best teaching and learning.
We recognise that good and outstanding practice can be found in many places and contexts.
We believe that every school should have outstanding governance.
Schools within DGP benefit from:
- Improved governor and clerk development opportunities
- Access to a wide range of professional support from other governors and clerks
- Recruitment and retention of governors and clerks
- Access to national grants
- Income from traded activities and cost savings through shared functions
- Improved governance and clerking bringing improved outcomes for learners.